IDC MarketScape Again Names Lexmark an Industry Leader in Smart MFPs
LEXINGTON, Ky., March 25, 2015 /PRNewswire/ —
- Lexmark International, Inc. (NYSE: LXK) has once again been named as a leader in smart multifunction products (MFPs) by the IDC MarketScape: U.S. “Smart” Multifunction Peripheral 2014 – 2015 Smart Vendor Assessment report, which analyzes the strategies and current capabilities of companies providing smart MFPs.
- As defined by the IDC MarketScape, leaders are companies that have led and continue to lead the market in both breadth of offering and strategic intent.
- The report states that Lexmark has enhanced the value proposition of its smart MFPs over the last year with several accomplishments including embedded applications for serverless print release, Classify and Route, and AccuRead OCR.
- In addition to smart MFPs, IDC has also named Lexmark a leader in managed print services three consecutive times.
- The IDC MarketScape report states, “Perhaps as important as these business process initiatives, IDC has recognized Lexmark as a Leader in managed print services. Its smart MFP portfolio, business process acquisition activity and leading MPS position put Lexmark in a strong position to provide for hardware, software and services requirements around the document and workflow.”
- “Smart MFPs are a pivotal component in Lexmark’s smart MFP ecosystem, enhancing workforce productivity while enabling our customers to improve processes, print less, decrease costs and reduce risk,” said Marty Canning, Lexmark executive vice president and president of Imaging Solutions and Services. “We are proud of the IDC MarketScape’s recognition of Lexmark’s leadership in both smart MFPs and managed print services. We remain focused on delivering innovative devices, solutions and services that provide process improvements and sustainable value for our customers.”
About IDC MarketScape
IDC MarketScape vendor analysis model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of IT, telecommunications, or industry-specific suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor’s position within a given market. IDC MarketScape provides a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of IT, telecommunications, or industry-specific vendors can be meaningfully compared. The framework also provides technology buyers with a transparent foundation to allow companies to independently compare the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective vendors.