Konica Minolta Business Solutions Introduces Mobile Printing Technology Services
Ramsey, NJ – July 2015 – Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., Inc. (Konica Minolta), a leader in information management focused on enterprise content, technology optimization and cloud services, today introduces two new services that bolster mobile printing capabilities and control over the devices accessing company data, effectively addressing challenges related to “Bring Your Own Device” (BYOD) trends affecting all business environments.
EveryonePrint makes its debut to the United States market. This secure printing solution allows users to easily print to any desired printer on a business’s network. It can be installed as an on-premise or private cloud solution, and there’s no need for a mobile device to be added to a domain or to download print drivers. Whether in a small business or a global enterprise corporation, EveryonePrint provides a host of benefits, including:
- Authentication via Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) or Active Directory (to ensure only authorized users can print)
- End-to-end encryption of print jobs
- Secure release of print jobs
- IT administration full customization via a simple user interface
- Integration with any printing infrastructure, from printers and mobile devices to third-party print accounting solutions
EveryonePrint is available in four versions:
- Standalone – A per printer license that offers printing from an unlimited number of mobile devices to a single printer.
- Connect – Available as a per-server license. It offers the same functionality as the Standalone version, plus the ability to integrate with a variety of print accounting solutions such as Equitrac. This version is ideal for small to medium educational institutions and customers with simple networks.
- Professional – Also available as a per-server license with the same general functionality as Connect, but includes Wide Area printing, which allows users to use AirPrint across complex networks. Bundled with an MS Office conversion engine for printing MS Office documents without the need to install Office on the EveryonePrint server. This version is recommended for a wide pool of customers, including small- to mid-sized businesses and corporate enterprise environments, as well as government, education, healthcare and financial verticals.
- Enterprise – Available as a site license with an unlimited amount of server and printer licenses. This version offers the same functionality as the professional version and is recommended for all large enterprise and/or global accounts.
All versions provide users with five ways to print:
- Web – Users can upload documents via a web portal for printing.
- Email – Users send documents to print from any email enabled device.
- Google Cloud – Users can print using the native printing capabilities of an Android device.
- AirPrint – Users can print using the native printing capabilities of an iOS device.
- Driver – Users print directly from programs and applications installed on laptops and notebooks to any printer available in EveryonePrint. This is done via a generic print driver.
All Covered’s Mobile Management Services
Organizations that allow mobile users to connect to their networks and access sensitive data must have a firm control over the devices that are connecting. All Covered helps them do that with its comprehensive suite of Mobile Management Services that make it possible for organizations to monitor the mobile devices connecting to their systems and accessing corporate data. These services allow organizations to ensure that mobile devices connected to their network have access to the right resources with the right security in place, regardless of whether they are company or employee owned. They automatically enforce the separation of business data and personal data, while keeping both equally accessible for employees and other users.
All Covered’s mobile solution encompasses access control, monitoring, application management and data protection. These features can be automatically enforced, making sure a company, its customers and its staff are protected from security breaches and other risks while helping organizations to comply with industry regulations.
All Covered’s Mobile Management Services can empower organizations to:
- Enable secure access to corporate resources to empower your workforce
- Control enrollment of new devices to protect data on numerous mobile platforms
- Manage corporate and employee-owned devices for maximum flexibility and security
- Gain insight into mobile device usage to protect from hidden threats
“With these two introductions today, Konica Minolta continues to focus on enhancing the mobile user experience, that ever-growing ‘Bring Your Own Device’ – or BYOD – trend that is changing the way information technology is managed and drastically changing the way we work,” said Sam Errigo, Senior Vice President of Business Intelligence Services for Konica Minolta Business Solutions, USA, Inc. “It’s very exciting for us to be the first manufacturer to now bring EveryonePrint to the United States market along with All Covered’s mobile management – two services that truly complement each other, providing for a safe, effective mobile environment for all involved.”