Managed IT: Combining IT Services and Security Services
Should you use two different providers for IT security services and managed IT services in Des Moines? What’s best for your data, your budget, and your company overall? Today, we’ll help you answer these questions and more by taking a closer look at managed tech services like these.
Since the two often overlap, it’s important to understand the real differences between managed IT services and managed security services. Knowing the details helps you make savvy, informed decisions that protect your business and save time, money, and stress.
Managed IT services
A managed IT provider is responsible for:
- helping create and manage backups,
- managing routers, firewalls, and other tech,
- keeping your network up and running,
- offering cloud services,
- and providing customer service and IT support in Des Moines for you and your employees.
Managed security services
A managed security provider is responsible for:
- managing your use of mobile devices
- identifying security vulnerabilities
- running assessments to ensure compliance with security regulations
- and responding to threats, breaches, and other issues.
The Best of Both Worlds
For most businesses, it’s best to combine these services–to find a provider who can offer both managed IT and advanced security. In general, it’s cheaper to combine everything than to pay for separate vendors–and on top of that, you only have to find one company you can trust and work with. Additionally, it’s easier, more consistent, and less stressful for you and your provider to cut out any “middle man” and instead communicate directly on all IT concerns.
At the end of the day, it’s important for you to decide what works best for your unique company–and, of course, to find a provider who supports your unique goals.
Want to learn more about IT managed services and managed security services? Contact us today!