Managed Print Services: What’s the Real Cost of Printing?
Do you know the real cost of printing in your business? No? Not to worry–here are a few things to consider so you can find out what printing is doing to your budget.
Revealing Costs with Managed Print Services
Printing is still an important part of everything we do in the business world–but that doesn’t mean it should have free rein to wreak havoc on your budget. Unfortunately, it’s not always easy to take control of your print costs, simply because they might not be obvious at first glance.
For example, here are a few things that could increase the total cost of printing without you even realizing it:
- Printing in color.
- Choosing the wrong settings.
- Having too many printers.
- Overlooking security issues.
The good news is that, with managed print services, you can identify these hidden printing costs. Better yet, your managed print provider will be able to help you overcome them in ways that protect your budget without interrupting efficiency.
Here are a few examples of how managed print services can help:
- Creating print policies: By creating policies to govern when you should print in color and when black-and-white is the better choice, managed print helps you save money on ink.
- Reviewing your settings: Managed print services can also help you learn more about your printers and which settings are most efficient for which jobs.
- Optimizing your fleet: Do you have too many machines or too few? Managed print helps you consolidate where necessary and upgrade when possible, helping you achieve the perfect, cost-effective fleet.
- Improving security: Just one security issue can quickly become a huge expense. Managed print services helps you protect your printers, network, and connections, giving you the insight you need to identify vulnerabilities and choose the best solutions.
The “real cost of printing” is a little different for every business, which means it can be difficult to calculate. Luckily, with a little help from managed print services, you can reveal those hidden costs and start chipping away at them without interrupting your workflow.
Ready to get started with managed print services? Contact us today!