The Benefits of Scanning to the Cloud
If you’re like many of today’s growing companies, you’re scanning and digitizing your records and internal processes. Cloud computing combined with a document management system can be the catalyst to a nearly paperless office.
If you’re considering the move to document scanning and digital workflows, you’ll need to decide between a self-hosted or cloud-based document management system. First, let’s discuss the benefits of making the transition to a document management system.
Document Management Benefits
A document management system works with scanning and OCR (optical character recognition) software to capture, convert, store, and manage digital documents. The key benefits include fast document retrieval, improved productivity and collaboration, enhanced document security, and lower costs.
Why Move to the Cloud?
Should you develop and use your own servers to host your document management system or use a third-party cloud services provider? Here’s a look at the advantages of making a move to the cloud.
- Upfront costs —A self-hosted system requires some upfront costs for software and hardware. When using a cloud services provider, their company bears the costs associated with bringing your system online.
- Access —The cloud gives you and your employees 24/7 access to your documents from any location.
- Scalability —As your business grows, your system can easily be expanded to meet your needs.
- Access to experts —Data center problems are addressed by a team of experts at no additional cost to you.
- Mobility —A remote workforce can help your company compete in an increasingly digital business economy.
- Security —Protecting your information is a full-time task. Cloud services providers have the tools to keep your sensitive documents safe from intruders.
If your company is ready to learn more about scanning, document management, and cloud services solutions, get in touch with us at MMIT Business Solutions Group for more information today.